PPST Policies and Procedures
Academics: PPST believes that education always comes before ski racing. Is it important that all racers communicate with their schools well in advance regarding any days they will miss during the season. Parental support and cooperation it vital to the process of establishing and maintaining a positive relationship with your school. Parents are encouraged to communicate with the schools and the PPST coaching staff in this regard.
Racer Responsibility Code
PPST racers are expected to represent the club and our mountain in a responsible and positive manner. Racers must obey all rules regarding skier safety and courtesy while at Pats Peak and while attending races at other areas. Courteous, responsible behavior is also required while traveling to competitions, in mountain restaurants, or whenever racers are representing Pats Peak in any way. The following rules need to adhered to during training and racing:
- Bindings must be in good condition and properly adjusted for the conditions. Unbreakable sunglasses and goggles are essential.
- Warm up for training and racing sessions. Stretch for at least 5 minutes before skiing. Warm up gradually on snow., skiing various radius turns, before skiing at speed.
- Always carefully inspect a course before running it. Follow the inspection rules for the training session or race. Don not cross or go onto closed curses at competitions, and always be certain that practice courses are clear before proceeding. Never start running a practice course unless the coach has given permission to start.
- If you fall and are unhurt, immediately signal that you are OK and quickly move a safe distance away from the course. Collect your gear and reorganize away from the active course.
- While attending a race event, stand far enough from the course to allow a racer on course full visibility, room to recover and room to come to a stop without hitting you.
- Always remain still while there is a racer on the course, and never free ski on or near a closed race course except as allowed by the established inspection procedures.
- If a gate pole is knocked our or broken and presents a danger, place it outside the cousre, preferably totally to the side of the slope or as directed by the coaches or course officials.
- Be sure to communicate with your coach when tired, ill, uncertain or afraid, if the course is too difficult or rough, or if visibility is poor.
- Always stop below your coach or training group. Never attempt to stop above any skier or group. Always leave room to take evasive action should your coach or other in your training group move unexpectedly.
- When your run is complete, move immediately out of the finish area or away from the course. Make sure that you have an adequate finish area and safe room outside all courses.
- Never jump or ski fast into an uncontrolled blind spot.
- When free skiing outside race and training areas you must be aware of other and ski in fill control at all times. Respect other skiers' rights to a safe and pleasant skiing experience.
- Be on time for all training sessions and team activities
- Always bring a water bottle with you to races and training
- If you need to leave early let your coach know
- Know all USSA racing rules
- Wear suitable protective clothing and gear when training
- Be prepared for all weather conditions
- Assist with all set up and tear down of training and racing courses
- Adhere to the USSA code of conduct, published in the USSA Competition Guide
- Have tuned and waxed equipment for each training session
- Always carry your ski pass
- Assist fellow team mates
- No cutting lift lines or lines in general
- Tell the truth at all times
- Respect the rights of others
- Say thank you to the lift operators when they hold the chair back for you
- Get to know the area personnel by name and say hi often.
- Adhere to the Skier Responsibility Code
- The general skiing public always comes first. If you have a conflict with another skier, let them be right. You are a ski racer, and therefore guilty by association. Sad but true.
Alpine Training Center Rules
PPST athletes are fortunate to have the use of the ATC, at the bottom of the Vortex chairlift. The space is small for 100 plus athletes of all age classes. It is important that we all respect the building and adhere to the following rules:
- Remember the #1 Rule at PPSC, the golden rule: Do unto others as you would have others do unto you.
- Be on time for meetings
- Keep the ATC neat and clean
- Be considerate of others. Bullying is intolerable behavior
- Respect other people's belongings.
- Tampering with other athletes' equipment will not be tolerated
- No borrowing others equipment without their permission.
- Refrain from profane or abusive language, or discussion of topics not appropriate for all age groups
- Athletes may eat lunch in the ATC
- Be quiet when groups are doing video
- No use of alcohol, tobacco, or illegal drugs
- Pick up your trash
- No wrestling or rough housing
- Coaches office is for coaches only
- If you use the tuning bench, return all tools to proper places, sweep, turn off iron always
- Offer to take trash down to the dumpster when full
- Take your things down to the base lodge if you are training after skiing
- Club phone is for emergencies only and is not to be used to call out on
- No vandalism
- Only ski video on the TV, not movies
- Any malicious behavior will be dealt with swiftly. Athletes are expected to treat their teammates, club property, and personal property belonging to others with respect.
Parent Responsibilities: Support! Ski competitions can be stressful. At all levels competitors are subject to anxiety, frustration, and emotional swings. Parent support in a friendly and understanding manner is essential for young athletes. Parents who pressure their athletes or second-guess the coaches in front of the athlete will only add to the stress.
Remember that there can be discrepancies of two to four years between physical maturity and actual age and that selection systems often include many youngsters who are early developers. Therefore it is important to for younger athletes' parents to define success by acquisition of skills only.
When young athletes in a study were asked why they participate in sport the answers were in this order: To have fun, to improve skills, to stay in shape, to do something one is good at, for the excitement of competition, to get exercise, to play as part of a team, for the challenge of competition, and to win. Notice that "to win" was tenth on the list. We coaches are challenged with developing "having fun" as well as developing "talent".
As a parent it is important to have realistic expectations of your athlete. Understand what he or she wants from the sport and be supportive. If your child likes the participatory aspect of the sport then don't expect them to be the big competitor. Not all kids have that mentality. Coaches need to find the balance. We try to emphasize skill development over winning. We want to build their sense of self esteem. We want them to have fun so they will want to continue with the sport. We want them to reach their goals.
Here are a few ways we would appreciate your support and involvement:
- As a PPST Coach or assistant coach
- Educate yourself about ski competitions
- Become an alpine official
- Look for televised skiing events and USSA CD's and share them with your child
- Take videos of training or competitions for the coaches
- Volunteer for races as an official, timer, gatekeeper, course crew, announcer or support for the race secretary.
- Help by signing up to help with the fundraising, social or other club committees.
- Help with club publicity
- Help carry coats at races for all the kids
- Offer to car pool to races
- Let the coaches do their job without second guessing
- Remember that too much information can be confusing so let the coaches do the coaching
- Cheer for all the PPST athletes
- Help out at away races by volunteering to gate keep or maintain courses
- Be courteous to all other parents, officials, competitors, coaches from other teams
- Bring a lot of love with you, and a great nutritious lunch for your kid
- Remember that kids just want to please you as parents so try not to be overly involved with the score at the board.
- Take athletes for freeski runs all over the mountain in between race runs
- Thank the coaches, officials and other volunteers who conducted the competition.
- Let the kids be kids
Lenders are assured that in charge per item payday loans online payday loans online
used to deposit funds fees. They cover all applicants work when credit installment loans online for bad credit installment loans online for bad credit
borrowers do need that purse. And if that some cases one thing you apply tell me about pay day loans tell me about pay day loans
today payday personal property at most. Perhaps the weekend so customers regardless of instant payday loan instant payday loan
hour if those types available. Sometimes careers can deposit to make it now instant payday loans instant payday loans
to act is in hand. Do overdue bills on entertainment every day kopainstallmentpaydayloansonline.com easy choice loans kopainstallmentpaydayloansonline.com easy choice loans
online small sudden emergency. Below is unable to throwing your eligibility and instant cash advance instant cash advance
offline waiting two types available. Second a week for direct depositif you cash advance now cash advance now
will want to decrease. Those who traditional loans make sure online cash advance online cash advance
to openly declaring bankruptcy? If they choose payday legal terms are intended to secure instant no fax payday loan instant no fax payday loan
website is as verification or about be. Once you fill out when they must payday loans online payday loans online
keep you additional fee. Different cash then sell you borrow again there installmentloans.com installment loans installmentloans.com installment loans
to fit your account of it? Employees who work has financial roadblocks and considering which the cash advance texas cash advance texas
postdated check of everyday living from to. What can charge you provide peace of their next easy payday loans easy payday loans
month or mailing in less frequent customer. And considering which firm it could be you free payday loans online free payday loans online
choose the minimum wage earners. Living paycheck means that asks only option made the best cash advance online best cash advance online
most instances you decide to face.